Monday, April 21, 2014

Overhead PR (And One Angry Elbow!!)

I felt pretty awesome on this day, so I decided to test my projected one rep max instead of going for a rep max. At this point, I have chosen NOT TO go for gym PR's... I made an exception here, since I OHP is a lift that I won't be doing in competitions and I wanted to see if my max is where it "should be". Well, it was a grinder. I stalled at the halfway mark, but did get it up there.I also torqued my elbow pretty good and it didn't feel great, in the morning. But, all better now!! For how ugly that press was, I'm gonna keep my training max where it's at for another cycle... and I won't be going for another PR, in the foreseeable future. CG Bench was okay, the first couple sets were wicked and explosive, but the heavier sets were a bit too much and a little under par. Tried out Horizontal Woodchoppers, because this gym doesn't have a Landmine... They are a pretty damn good rotational move! I'll be holding onto them.

Here you have it:

Saturday, April 19-- Overhead Press Day -- (Overhead Press Training Max: 135)

Overhead Press:
Warmup Sets - Barx8/60x5/70x3/80x1
Work Sets - 102.5x5/115x3/130x1/150x1

Close Grip Bench Press - 5x8x150,150,160,160,160

Incline Lateral Raises - 3x10x20 DB's

Rotator Extensions - 3x15x15

Face Pulls - 2x20x60

Barbell Shrugs - 2x30x135

Horizontal Cable Woodchoppers - 3x12x90

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home