Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Legs are going to HATE me tomorrow!!

This Squat Day was indeed above par, it's nice to see consistent improvement. My top set was done belted, as I'll be doing all my heavy/max rep sets from now on. 11 hard and fast reps, though I lost form on the last one. I was sort of scatterbrained and slightly irked by several factors, but getting under the bar washed my troubles away in waves of sweat. I decided that I'm sick of using the Leg Press for Calf Raises and tried out the Hack Squat, a machine which I have never touched until now. It felt great and my toes were not shifting around on the platform, like when I do them on the Leg Press (what a damn nuissance!!). Oh, I did something dumb, which I will undoubtedly pay for later... I skipped out on the foam rolling, to cut ten minutes from my total time. How dare I neglect my recovery, for a social event? No seriously, I can't let this happen again!!!! On a positive note: I weighed in at 205!! That means that I am officially in the 93 kg weight class, two weeks ahead of schedule. Now, I can up my calories a touch and shift more focus to building peak strength. ALLLLLLRIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Here is an overview of today's session:

Friday, April 11 -- Squat Day -- (Squat Training Max: 295)

Squats:
Warmup Sets - Barx8/95x5/135x3/175x1
Work Sets - 205x3/235x3/265x11

Romanian Deadlifts - 4x8x225,225,225,235

Bulgarian Split Squats - 3x6x80 DB's

Leg Press Calf Raise - 2x20x320

Hack Squat Calf Raise - 1x20x280

Back Extensions - 3x10x50

Leg Raises - 3x10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home