Friday, April 4, 2014

It's not Friday, It's SQUATTERDAY!

Todays Squat session was what some would refer to as "far out, man!". After my recent injury, it's awesome to see my lower body strength returning and I am happy to say that I am nearly at my all time strongest. I've quit letting bad form slide, no more "squat mornings". As soon as feel my back starting to round, the set is done. Another rule of thumb: if I'm not at least 80 percent sure I'll make the next rep, the set is done. My final set of Squats was one for the books. I smoked 255 for 10 reps, all pretty fast - and I am certain that I hit depth on every rep. Hitting depth has been a problem for me in the past, so I took the initiative to start sitting in the hole (bottom position) with weight in my back, holding for 20 to 30 seconds. It's really making a huge difference. I'll continue using this approach during every deload, getting progressively heavier, each time around... It might not fit with everyone's idea of a deload; but if done responsibly, I don't see it as taxing enough to defeat the purpose of deloading.

Here is an overview of today's session:

Friday, April 4 -- Squat Day -- (Squat Training Max: 295)

Squats:
Warmup Sets - Barx8/115x5/155x3/175x2
Work Sets - 195x5/225x5/255x10

Romanian Deadlifts - 4x8x185,195,215,225

Bulgarian Split Squats - 3x6x80 DB's

Leg Press Calf Raise - 3x20x320

Back Extensions - 3x10x50

Leg Raises - 3x10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home