Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bench Press day? Oh... Yeah, that!

Today was a less than sterling session. On my final set of Bench Press, 210 felt heavier than usual. I can live with repping out 7, but feel that I should have been able to hit a couple more. I just started incorporating the Behind Neck Press and got overzealous. Increasing the weight too much on set number two messed me up. Next time, I'll start from 80 and see how that goes. The Dips were ugly, grinders... TGU's, I haven't been doing lately but thought I should be able to manage the same weight as I when I did them often. Totally missed my 5 rep target, but oh well., I'll just use a 40 next week. I like including TGU's for the core stimulus and shoulder health benefits, but I have nothing to prove by going heavy on them... To sum up my take on all this, bad days are inevitable. I won't sweat this one, too much.

Here is an overview of my Bench Press day:

Tuesday, April 1 -- Bench Press Day -- (Bench Press Training Max: 245)

Bench Press:
Warmup Sets - Barx8/85x5/115x4/135x2
Work Sets - 160x5/185x5/210x7

Seated Behind Neck Press - 1x8x85/1x8x95/1x7x85/1x7x80

Weighted Dips - 4x6x45

Turkish Get Ups - 2x3x50/1x4x45

Standing Cable Crunches - 3x20x110

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home