Thursday, April 3, 2014

Back in Action!!

Back day went quite well today, I'm satisfied with the results. Not that long ago, I was doing weighted Pull Ups and could manage a set of 5 with a 45 strapped on and one rep with 70. I've become much less proficient at pull ups, which can be mostly attributed to gaining bodyfat. The decrease in performance was more than I expected, but I'm getting better. In the past 3 weeks, I've managed to drop 5 pounds and am now only 2 pounds from the 93 kg (205 pound) weight class. Rows went pretty well today. Next week, I'm gonna use a 75 DB (my previous PR for 30 reps). Even though Kroc Rows are an overload move and a bit of body english is called for, I cheated more than I'd have liked to. Seated Dumbbell Power Cleans are an awesome move, don't be afraid to try these bad boys out. Just make sure that you don't go too heavy, go light for high reps or you'll tear your rotator cuffs. I have noticed fast Yoke development since adding these, I must say... MAN, MY REAR DELTS ARE ON FIRE!!

Here is an overview of my Back day:

Thursday, April 3 -- Back Day --

Pull Ups - 6x bodyweight x5,5,5,5,3,2

Pulldowns - 3x8x110

BB Rows - 4x8x155

DB "Kroc Rows" - 1x30x80

Seated DB Power Cleans - 3x15x15

Alternating DB Curls - 3x20x20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home