Sunday, April 6, 2014

Deltoid Destruction!!

Today was a satisfactory session, consistent with my expectations. Next time I'll start a bit heavier on Close Grip Bench, because these sets were a touch too easy. Having played with various set and rep schemes, I've learned that (at least for me) higher rep Face Pulls are much more effective at hitting my rear delts. 20-30 is where I've seen the best results. I've chosen to keep them and Shrugs down to just two sets each, on this day. The Seated Dumbbell Power Cleans hit them both pretty hard on my Back Day - this is just for an extra emphasis. I've found that just a couple 30-40 rep sets of Shrugs give me the best bang for buck (though, my traps have responded best of all to good old Power Cleans!). This split is not focused on hypertrophy, in general. My focus is on peak strength, but I'm also aiming for some yoke-specific hypertrophy. Also worth a mention: Rotator Extensions are without a doubt, one of the most underrated moves for injury prevention. I always include these, going light just to get the blood pumping hard and keep the rotator cuffs strong. I've heard enough stories of tweaked shoulders and had a bad scare, a couple of years ago! Keep those shoulders healthy and live to lift another day!!

Here is an overview of today's session:

Saturday, April 5 -- Overhead Press Day -- (Overhead Press Training Max: 135)

Overhead Press:
Warmup Sets - Barx8/65x4/75x2/
Work Sets - 90x5/100x5/115x9

Close Grip Bench Press - 5x8x125,130,135,140,145

Incline Lateral Raises - 3x10x20 DB's

Rotator Extensions - 3x15x15

Face Pulls - 2x20x60

Barbell Shrugs - 2x30x135,145

Rotational Landmines - 3x20x50



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home