Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sometimes, I HATE Bench Press!!

Another Bench Press Day that I am not particularly pleased with. All of my assistance work went great, for what it's worth... But only 4 reps on my top set? Meh, I expect more of myself. In light of recent performance, I won't be advancing my BP Training Max for the next cycle. Frustrating, but that's life. The point where I am the weakest is about the halfway mark. This, along with the fact that I tend to feel the bench press more in my Delts than anywhere else, points to an Anterior Deltoid weakness. With just under 11 weeks until competition, now is certainly not the time for weak point training... Though, it looks as if I'll have to shift more focus in that direction after the meet.

So here is the lowdown:

Tuesday, April 8 -- Bench Press Day -- (Bench Press Training Max: 245)

Bench Press:
Warmup Sets - Barx8/95x5/115x3/135x2
Work Sets - 170x3/200x3/220x4

Seated Behind Neck Press - 5x8x175,175,175,180,185

Weighted Dips - 4x6x40

Turkish Get Ups - 3x5x45

Standing Cable Crunches - 3x25x110

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home