Monday, July 7, 2014

Yes, I'm Still Alive

It's been some time, since I've posted an update. I have been keeping up with my logs; however, and will now only be posting weekly updates.

Right now, I'm working with Geoffrey Chiu as my coach. Geoff really goes the extra mile and truly wants to see others succeed. I'd recommend his services, if you're looking for a trainer. He has me on a program that is like nothing I've done before, this one is a lot of fun. The format sort of resembles Sheiko, as you'll see in my week one update.

I'm not gonna go too in depth, regarding weights that I use on assistance work. I'll be posting sets reps and weights for main movements, as well as what were the highlights of my training week - and whatever else I feel like mentioning. I've also made an Instagram account, mainly to share training videos. I'll post some of those.

Here is a quick summary of my Deload Week, after the Provincials. Weights felt pretty heavy, this week. I did four days: Bench, Squat, OHP and Deadlift. My work sets were 3x3 @ 65/75/85%.

It felt great to OHP again, after six weeks off from it - but the sets weren't pretty!! Power Snatches are something I've meant to try, for ages. I gave them a shot and my form was pretty bad. I had a hard time dropping low enough and locking my elbows out at the top. Whatever, it was fun! Doing a few Power Cleans was great and my form was decent, weight felt actually fairly light. One and a Quarter Squats were on the menu, as well. I really felt those in my glutes, I'll definitely come back to them later! This was also the week that I started using a more extreme arch on Bench. The first thing I noticed was how I was able to achieve a lot more leg drive, while practically folded like an accordion. Nothing else I feel like mentioning... Week 1 update of my new program is coming soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home