Friday, July 11, 2014

Strongman, UBC Meet and MORE!!

I am excited about the future, to the extent that no possible combination of words could convey the full magnitude of my elation! The next item on my menu, is to get my first taste of this crazy thing called Strongman. Only eight more days to go! I've not done much to prepare for it, but have daydreamed endlessly about giving it a shot. This event is not for the sake of competition, but just for fun. Videos and pictures will be going up on my Instagram... but wait, there's more!!

It recently came to my attention that the meet taking place at UBC on the weekend of September 7th, will be sanctioned by the BCPA. After some consideration, I've chosen to do this meet and not the Fall Classic. That means I have less time to prepare, but still more than enough. My goals could potentially reflect on this. I still feel confident about a 505 lb + Deadlift, a 405 lb Squat and most likely, I'll keep my goal of a 295 lb bench press. In the coming weeks, I'll finalize my decisions. I'm in the midst of some technical adjustments, so it will be interesting to see just how much of a difference those make toward my performance!!

As far as the future of my training blog, I just started using trainingblog.com. I will be posting weekly training snapshots on here, along with links to each session's post, for a more in-depth overview. Check out my training vids here: MrJohnSambo@Instagram

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home