Thursday, May 1, 2014

Awesome Squatterday, with a Side of Angry Coccyx!!

This was a good day, overall. Squats went well and I felt stronger than before the deload. On the Split Squats, I started light because I haven't done them in a while. 155 was easy, so I jumped to 185 and it felt just right - nice and explosive, reasonably challenging... Second set of 185, I had this pain like my tailbone was trying to escape. Sharp, hot pain. I adjusted my footing and it subsided, till the very last rep of the very last set... OW!!! I experienced this once during DB Lunges, but just once and then it went away. I chose to go lighter on RDL's, Back Extensions and Calf Raises, in order to feel them out better and get more of a squeeze at the top. Good move, those were some decent sets and also left me less fatigued the next day. After all, I'm not entering a Back Extension Contest...... Going heavier on the Shovel Deads will carry over more to traditional Deads with real weight, I imagine. That's all I've got to say about that, done!!!!

Here you have it, the action:

Tuesay, April 29 -- Squat Day -- (Squat Training Max: 305)

Squats:

Warmup Sets - Barx8/95x5/135x3/175x2/185x1

Work Sets - 200x5/230x5/260x10

BB Split Squats - 4x8x155/185/185/155

RDL's - 4x8x185

GHR's - 3x10

Shovel Deadlifts - 3x6x1 45# Plate

Back Extensions - 3x10x40

Standing Calf Raise - 2x30x160

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home